Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Still haven't found the way

I was slightly annoyed with the computational results I've been getting because it is hard to diagnose whether my program just isn't working or I don't have enough data for it to work. If I could easily distinguish which one it is it would make life simpler.

Things I know:

1. If I know Y and X, I can estimate Z
2. If I know Y and Z, I can estimate X
3. If I only know Y, I can combines (1) and (2) to estimate X and Z in simple problems

I still haven't figured out how to estimate X and Z by combining 1 and 2 in a slightly more complicated problem.

I feel as if all the pieces to the puzzle are there, I just need to make the final leap. Still on word from FPL, so I spent the day in suspense which was actually frustrating. I just want to know is it a yes or no. Good thing is that I finally got my check from them yesterday for my expenses that I incurred while traveling down there to interview.

I also got a letter from the ACT saying I didn't get their internship; I really didn't care about that one and wasn't looking forward to IOWA anyhow. I would have reject me probably. I submitted my paperwork for the IMSM 2009 workshop and was actually please with my essay since I had it reviewed by someone more talented with words than myself.

US rep Allen Boyd ( I think that's his name) will be on campus today at 7. Not really sure what he's talking about but I think I would like to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment