Thursday, April 2, 2009

One of those days...

I had one of those day in which I had extreme satisfaction with what I do. Partly fueled by the fact that I have come up with a way to solve the problem I have been working on. Right now the results are very crude and the theory very messy and disorganized, but I'm am dancing around a refined solution and I am quite confident in my results.

It's very interesting how research works, I remember when I first stated the problem and it seem almost impossible but something to just play around with. After playing with the problem, I started to see some possible solutions. By working through many possible avenues, I stumbled across a method that appears to spit out what I've been looking for. When I am closing in on a solution, I feel as if my mind works faster and faster as if I started accelerating down a hill. It will be interesting to look back at my entries to track all the ups and down of my thought process when I finally converge to a solution

I had very small classes today probably due to the rain, but I felt my lectures went well; I prefer teaching smaller sections anyway. I had to leave my office early last night so they could finish installing the new carpet in the department, they finally finished today and it will be nice for everything to be back to normal. Due to all the rain last week, the department picnic has been moved to this coming Saturday; I hope it is beautiful day because I am looking forward to going to the rez.

No comments:

Post a Comment