Monday, April 13, 2009

Job cramming

My life has went from 20 to 2000 mph in a couple of days. After the offer, my time line for everything I need to get done has increased exponentially. I am now simultaneously witting my dissertation and trying desperately to finish this last results. I am literally bouncing around the correct answer and the solution continues to elude my grasps. Even when I try to diagnose the issue, I can't pin down my diagnosis with certainty. I am becoming obsessed with solving this problem, as there are several advantages to doing so.

First, it would significantly reduce the amount of material I need to add to my thesis. In summary good results means less writing, however not a good results requires more writing. More writing requires time and time is not something I have much of right now.

I have requested an extension on my start date, hopefully I can get it moved to mid July or August. Currently it is June 15 and I am working under that assumptions. I need to successfully defend my thesis before I leave as well as turn in my thesis document several weeks prior to my defense date.

On top of that I need to find a place and move all my stuff down to S. Florida. I can't even focus all my attention on these thing since I must finish teaching my class as well and I still have a conference to attend in N. Carolina this week. The pressure is on and I am definitely feeling it. I did take friday off to celebrate with my friends, but the rest of the weekend was spent working.

There are many variables I am just counting on to turn out okay. For example, I need to somehow hope that all my advisers and committee will be in town this summer. I am also banking on an extended start date. All these things I cant worry about right now however, what matter the most right now is finishing this freaking problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment