Monday, April 6, 2009

New Start

It was good that I waited to speak with my adviser before I continued working on the problem. He pointed out a couple of things that made me realize that I had overlooked several details in my programs. Basically I wouldn't have gotten any correct results until I had dealt with these issues. I spent most of the day correcting these problems and preparing my notes for tomorrows lecture.

I got a call from FPL today informing me that they should have a decision for me within a couple of days. The suspense is killing me haha. I am actually quite content either way right now. I wouldn't mind getting the job, it would be an exit out of graduate school and I could start wrapping things up quickly assuming I get this problem worked out. I think it's a great location and opportunity.

I also think that there will be several opportunities for me even without the job. There is JSM 2009 in August which will no doubt have multiple head hunters. Also the summer workshop assuming I get in would be a good look. There are all several consulting opportunities that could pursuing this summer.

Basically I strongly believe that God has already made the decision for me. Whatever it is, I believe that He know where I should be; it's my job to understand why. Looking back in my life there have been so many decisions that have caused dramatic changes in my life. This will no doubt be one of them, as big as my decision to move to FSU four years ago.

Life has been going pretty smoothly and I'm looking forward to going on a run and hitting the gym in about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment