Monday, March 30, 2009

First day of the rest of my week...

I am back from a rather interesting weekend which consisted of me and my brother attending two African gatherings with lots of food. It was good to get out of town for a while and I gladly left my work here at the office but now I am back. I also played a game of basketball for the first time in many years; it was fun even though I did suffer an slight injury. I was hit in the eye so hard my contact fell out, amazingly we were able to recover the contact in the darkness since it was nightime, but I threw it away as soon as I drove home.

I am still having the calculation problem I mentioned earlier and I think it has something to do with the exponential term. For example, take x=1 and y=2 while these numbers are now to far away from each other, the exp(exp(1)) and exp(exp(2)) and 15.15 and 1618.18 respectively.

What I think is going on is that small errors are being magnified by the exponential term. This would mean that this would be one of the 1% of time when matlab is making the error and not me. I will run this though by my adviser with whom I am meeting with this afternoon.

Right now I need to solidify my students exam which can take some time. I need to change the problems, work out solutions to the problems, and then assign point values to the problems. I would like to knock this out in like an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment