Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crazy Day...

I spent the first part of the day going over typos with my finance adviser for the journal article. By around 12 I think we were both pretty sufficiently bored with the process. I ran the simulations my stats adviser suggested and low and behold, I definitely have a problem of identifiably in the estimate "h".

Now this means I should try to respecify the model to hopefully a system where all the parameters can be estimated. I am annoyed that my grader has not given me back the assignment for my class tomorrow. The students have an exam, and because he couldn't find the time to grade 10 papers, they will not have their assignments back to study for their exam on Tuesday. Sometimes I just prefer to grade my own paper; but being that they provide me with a grader it's hard not to turn down less work for the same amount of pay.

Did a one-hour tutoring session today. I have a pretty good setup right now with this guy I met a couple of months ago. He tutors maths sessions for a living and any students he can't tutor he passes along to me. Saves me the time of having to go out an find business, and the money is not bad.

I need to know what's going to happen with the FPL position really soon, our apt complex is giving us a deal until April 10 if we re-new and how my life is going to turn out is still up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment