Saturday, March 21, 2009

Breakthrough!

Yesterday I experience a small victory...as I have previously mention, I didn't think the problem I have been working on appeared to have a solvable solutions; well after toying around with the derivation yesterday it now appears possible. My adviser seemed quite confident about this fact all along, but I have been doubtful.

I derived one estimate yesterday and in spite of the very complicated looking equations, I can tell that it has a form that makes intuitive sense. As my adviser once told me: "You should try to understand what the equation is saying". For instance the equation, y=2*x means that you have some variable "y" that is twice the value of another variable "x". This gets harder to do when you are looking at equations that are extremely complex, but nonetheless it helps you to understand what exactly it is you have done. Well, tt is almost 12 so I need to get started and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment