Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Setbacks...and Setforwards

I had some good news and bad new about my laptop yesterday. The good news is that it's not my internal adapters that is losing connectivity which is a very expensive problem. It is my power cord that has a hole in it which is a less expensive problem. The bad news is that it is so badly damaged that I am afraid to move my computer for fear that the cord will no longer work and I will have to postpone my work until the new one I ordered comes in. I figured out if I bend it in a certain way it continues to work so I will try to keep it in this position for as long as possible.

I have submitted final grades and I am officially done with teaching! I struggled to get my 2 pages completed yesterday; I ran into many issues with the code which I quite honestly don't have time to look at right now. I am still getting results and I wont be able to answer every question that arises. My dissertation is now at the 80 page mark (including appendices and citations.); I should be able to add another 10-20 pages from what I've been thinking about in my head.

I was watching the discovery channel yesterday. How come indigenous nudity is okay to show on tv? I mean they literally show all the body parts of 12 and 13 year old girls on national tv; if the same girl were born here, you would get arrested for viewing this material. Society is interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment