Thursday, May 14, 2009

Volatile Day

I realized I must have threw away some important material while I was cleaning up my room a few weeks ago; that material is not easily replaceable so was my first big disappointed of the day.

The second disappointment came when I got to my office an realized that the computer in which I had been running a simulation for three days on had been shut off and I lost all that information.

Once I got over this I began my day and this is actually the first day in a few days that I have been able to resume my 2 page a day mantra. Yesterday I spend on revision that my adviser gave me. He will be leaving town shortly and so that was our last face-2-face meeting; from here on out everything will be on skype.

I only got a response back from two professors regarding my defense date, this might be because of the email system going down during that time so I will send the email out again. I am also dealing with alot of mortgage people right now so there's alot on the plate.

One of my friends called me an hour ago. Apparently he was pulled over in virginia and didn't have all his information because he just bought a new car. Since his middle name was "Muhammad" the policeman starts harassing him about being a terrorist and asking him if he has a bomb in the car. The policeman than rips out his dashboard looking for drugs and/or bomb. Then he get's a ticket for reckless driving! I think he needs a lawyer because these cops are quite ridiculous in the entire Georgia-Virgina region. This is not the first story of ridiculousness I've heard; but one thing I do know is that you are helpless if you try to fight this stuff yourself.

In spite of all the craziness of today; I feels as if I am making decent progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment