Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Better than I thought...

When I finished the rough draft of my thesis I submitted a copy to my adviser. I was surprised as to how few changes he wanted me to make because I guess I thought the version that I drafted was not very good. Now that I am editing my work I realize that I did a pretty good job of coherency in my thesis. Aside from the occasional incorrect spelling and sentence structure, I am quite pleased with the flow of the thesis and I believe I am very much on pace to have a journal copy out to my committee members by mid june.

The last major thing I will need to do is update my talk; the good news is that about half of it has already been written and it mainly consists of copying and pasting the material from my thesis. This process should take no more than a week. I am surprisingly unstressed with my dissertation at this point, and am more concerned with the status of my loan application with suntrust. FHA requirements are quite annoying and I need to fix the situation by the end of the month.

I was concerned that this summer would be intensive, but I have actually been going out alot. I have taken an interest in the NBA championship series this year, partly due to the Magic finally having a good season after 15 some odd years. I am anticipating going out this thursday to watch the first game of the finals.

My goals for this week will be to finish the paper edits of my thesis and then revise them on the computer. The last major revision should be in the introduction and conclusions. I think I should fill in my acknowledgments as well and all the additional stuff. I will then set up meetings with my advisers to see how I shall proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment