Friday, June 5, 2009

No real updates today

Today I was an uneventful day in regards to my dissertation progress, mainly due to me being done with everything I plan to do aside from putting my presentation together. Unless my advisers want me to add more, I am pleased with my work. My next scheduled meeting is on monday in which I plan to work on the introduction part of chapter 7.

This must be the day that no one answers phone calls. I haven't got any responses back from the suntrust mortgage people and they are starting to make me nervous. I spent the whole day at home calling them periodically.

I just got back from a game of chess with a friend at the local starbucks and was absolutely humiliated. I was very apparent that I had never put together a coherent plan beyond three moves. I have always played chess this way while most people have opening strategies; I just randomly play until I see an opening. After losing two games...one after a stupid move and the other rather quickly I am almost motivated to look up chess strategies. I feel as if I should be playing better than I am being that I'm such a technical person.

No comments:

Post a Comment