Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ultimate Frustration

I am very frustrated at the moment with Suntrust Mortgage. Everything seemed to be falling into place until now. I got the final ok of my thesis from my adviser, I had my closing date successfully extended, got the paperwork sent to them and now Suntrust is claiming that they need a 15 day extension with no promises!

I have learned alot from this process; most importantly is to get written confirmation that a bank can do as they promised. This is going to make my move alot more hectic and at this point my hands are tied. I have already put more than a thousand dollars down on good faith. I am technically liable for thousand more due to the bank reneging on the closing date. I am looking at having to drive down...close...drive up...defend...drive down again to move. Now the lady tells me on the phone that it could take 2 months! If that is even close to the case I feel as if I have been lied to this whole time.

Sure there have been minor misunderstanding on my part, like not understanding I would definitely need a co-signer. But the bank should have told me this very early on; they should have insisted on it instead of having me provide all this information I didnt need. I have to keep on telling myself to calm down...things will get worked out but I don't think I have ever put myself in a bind like this before. Working with suntrust mortgage is one decision that I wish I could take back right about now; they drew me in and now feel comfortable providing me with mediocre service.

No comments:

Post a Comment